- Ce sujet est vide.
8 novembre 2020 à 21 h 39 min #12337
A Short History of Private Life
by Bill Bryson
- Language: english
- Release date: October 5, 2010
- Author: Bill Bryson
- Publisher: Doubleday
- Characters: Lon Don, Thomas John Gordon Marsham, Mrs Anna Maria Thornton, Louisa Beckford, Edward Townsend Stotesbury
- Format: hardcover, 497 pages
- Genres: history, humor, historical, science, architecture, sociology, cultural
- ISBN: 9780767919388 (0767919386)
- Awards: Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for History and Biography (2010)
About The Book
“Houses aren’t refuges from history. They are where history ends up.”
Bill Bryson and his family live in a Victorian parsonage in a part of England where nothing of any great significance has happened since the Romans decamped. Yet one day, he began to consider how very little he knew about the ordinary things of life as he found it in that comfortable home. To remedy this, he formed the idea of journeying about his house from room to room to “write a history of the world without leaving home.” The bathroom provides the occasion for a history of hygiene; the bedroom, sex, death, and sleep; the kitchen, nutrition and the spice trade; and so on, as Bryson shows how each has figured in the evolution of private life. Whatever happens in the world, he demonstrates, ends up in our house, in the paint and the pipes and the pillows and every item of furniture.
MP3 book At Home by Bill Bryson read online on Books-a-Million. EPUB ebook At Home on reader. PDF At Home buy cheap for PC on Bookshop.
FictionBook At Home Bill Bryson download. MOBI book At Home download iPhone. Hardcover ebook At Home by Bill Bryson on Dymocks.
Hardback book At Home buy. Online At Home Bill Bryson read Android on Walmart. Paperback ebook At Home Bill Bryson download on Booktopia.