- Ce sujet est vide.
20 décembre 2020 à 9 h 34 min #18748
Not Just an Accountant
The Diary of the Nation’s Conscience Keeper
by Vinod Rai
- First published: January 1, 2014
- Format: hardcover, 288 pages
- Publisher: Rupa Publications India
- ISBN: 9788129134615 (8129134616)
- Language: english
- Genres: india, politics, history, biography, autobiography, business
- Release date: September 2014
- Author: Vinod Rai
About The Book
Not just an accountant is an incisive, no-holds-barred account of Indias eleventh comptroller and auditor general and a symbol of the anti-corruption movement, Vinod Rai.
Through a narrative, rich in anecdote and inside information, Rai sheds light on the major scams that shook the country. Among the case studies-chosen for the diversity of failures they highlight are — the procedural irregularities in the issuance of licenses for second generation spectrum allotment, the last minute quick-fixes in the conduct of the XIX commonwealth games, the loss of national resources while allocating coal blocks, the flouting of systems and the clear display of crony capitalism in the exploration of hydrocarbon and the tragic tale of civil aviation in India.
Through these illustrations, Rai wishes to not only expose government malfeasance, but also probe the mandate of the CAG as a watchdog. Equally, he hopes to push for long-term solutions to corruption and bring home the urgent need for ethics-for the pursuit of excellence, accountability, probity and transparency within governments, the bureaucracy, corporate enterprises and public life.
1. A blow-by-blow, explosive, yet thoughtful account that sheds new light on the scams that shook India — 2G, coalgate, civil aviation, the conduct of the XIX commonwealth games and hydrocarbon contracts.
2. Explodes the myth of accountability in contemporary Indian governance.
3. Written by the eleventh CAG of India and a symbol of the anti-corruption movement, Vinod Rai.
4. Presents long-term solutions for the future, so as to contain procedural irregularities within the government and corporate enterprises.
5. Provides a roadmap for good governance, important for the growth of the nation.
6. Exhorts younger professionals / administrators to strive for excellence.
Paperback book Not Just an Accountant Vinod Rai download. Hardback Not Just an Accountant buy cheap Android on Audible. FictionBook ebook Not Just an Accountant by Vinod Rai on Booktopia. Hardcover book Not Just an Accountant read on iPad. EPUB ebook Not Just an Accountant by Vinod Rai read online.